Hilton Head Island Beaches
Hilton Head Island has one of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast. Enjoy 12 miles of wide, flat beach while you sunbathe, enjoy a good book, play volleyball, fly a kite, walk, jog, or ride your bike on the hard-packed sand. Enjoy swimming in the ocean, riding the waves on your boogie board or skimboard. Access the beach from the beach club in the gated community you are staying in or from one of nine public access points on the island.
Here are links to maps of Hilton Head Island public Beaches and parks:
Public Beaches Map
Public Parks Map
The following is a list of public beach access points on the island:
- Alder Lane Beach Access, off South Forest Beach Drive
- Burkes Beach Access, at the end of Burkes Beach Road
- Chaplin Community Park, off of William Hilton Parkway
- Coligny Beach Park, off Coligny Circle
- Driessen Beach Park, at the end of Bradley Beach Road
- Fish Haul Park, at the end of Beach City Road
- Folly Field Beach Park, off Folly Field Road
- Islanders Beach Park, off Folly Field Road
- Mitchelville Beach Park, off Beach City Road
Coligny Beach Park
Coligny Beach Park is located on the south end of Hilton Head Island in the Forest Beach area. It features free parking, a splash fountain, restrooms and shower facilities.
Folly Field Beach Park
Folly Field Beach Park is located mid-island off of Folly Field Road. This beach park offers parking, restrooms and beach access.